Good Reasons to Have a Website
We combined unique ideas from several sources (and are therefore indebted to many) to create this list. We then added explanations.
You might want a website...
1. To establish a presence.
2. To establish that presence with a relatively affluent demographic.
3. To network.
4. To make your business information widely available.
5. To serve your existing customers.
6. To raise public interest.
7. To sell things, or to take donations.
8. To answer Frequently Asked Questions.
9. To distribute internal information to employees or members.
10. To open international markets.
11. To quickly make updates available.
12. To gather customer or member feedback.
These are all good reasons to go to the trouble of putting up a website, but there also are some quite bad reasons for doing so.